Google Adwords Update Alert! Google has recently rolled out much awaited improvement in Adwords dashboard to get deeper insight about keywords quality score. According to a blog post published by Google on May 15th, 2017, now website owners (or advertisers) can see historical data of quality score to analyze whether changes in landing page experience and ad copies have improved the quality score or it has gone against the website owner. Apart from this, Google has also announced that they are rolling out more improvements to quality score reporting in coming week so get ready to see some cool improvements in Adwords dashboard. I’m quite sure that it will make your life easier.
Many business owners were complaining that the bubble which appears just after keyword is super helpful to see the status (like quality score, search page delivery status etc.) but it becomes difficult to keep a record of quality score fluctuation to see if the quality score is going down day by day. There wasn’t any easier way to maintain the record (except you do it manually). Google has finally added 3 different optional columns to keywords tab for “Expected CTR (Hist.)”, “Landing Page Experience (Hist.)”, “Quality Score (Hist.)” and “Ad Relevance (Hist.)” to display historical CTR, landing page experience, quality score and ad relevancy respectively. Advertisers can now easily add these columns to the dashboard to keep a record of it. You just need to segment the report based on “Day” to see historical quality score day by day. Here is the screenshot of Adwords dashboard after adding all these columns:
How to Add Historical Data to Adwords Reporting Column:
In order to take the advantage of recent improvement, an advertiser needs to follow the procedure mentioned below:
- Login to your Adwords account and click on “Keywords” tab
- Click on “Columns” button and select “Modify Columns” from dropdown menu
- Click on “Quality Score” in left “Select Metrics” section
- Add required columns from middle tab to last tab and select “Apply”
- Click on “Segment” button and go to “Time” section from dropdown menu and select “Day”
- You are all set. Now you should be able to see historical data based on different date.
Things to be Noted Down here:
- Google has announced that the historical quality score before 22nd January 2017 is not available so you would be able to see the data after 22nd January 2017 only.
- If there isn’t enough click or impression for any keywords, you won’t see any number in quality score tab. Instead of it, you will see a “null quality score (-)”.
Overall it was much awaited step taken by Google. We all know the fact that quality score is the single most important thing after bidding to rank higher under paid listing section of search result page (however, I know dozens of business owners who have no idea about quality score based structure and pays double/triple for a keyword. Read our blog post to know why quality score is most important factor you should consider). We at Conversion Perk always try to achieve highest possible quality score (which is 10 out of 10) for all keywords that we are promoting. This helps us reducing bids to maintain same ranking position and ultimately it ends with more conversions in same budget. You may contact us if you want us to audit your existing Adwords campaign to get more conversions in the same budget.